Relief Assistance Information
Since March, United Way of Danville Area has been working to create, and then fund, a COVID-19 Relief Fund for any resident in their coverage area who has lost wages or employment due to the COVID-19. Their coverage area includes Fountain and Warren counties in Indiana.
We aren’t going to fully know the impact this pandemic is going to have on our community until several months from now, but we are going to do what we can for our residents right now. The following are the guidelines to the relief fund. Please share it with those you know need help.
Relief Fund Guidelines
Residents in Fountain and Warren counties in Indiana who have lost wages or employment due to the global pandemic could receive a one-time payment of $500 for housing assistance and a monthly allowance for food. All applicants are required to show proof of unemployment due to the COVID-19.
For all individuals who have applied for unemployment, whether accepted or rejected:
Income up to 250% federal poverty level, refer to chart below:
|Number in Household||250% Annual Income Guidelines|
- One-month, verifiable rental/mortgage payment per household up to $500
- Applications for assistance will all be done remotely. Applicants will have to send, via email or text, a picture of their valid ID and unemployment acceptance/rejection letter.
- Available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Guidelines for housing assistance:
- Live in Fountain or Warren County
- No renters who have subsidized housing vouchers
- Renters/Homeowners with earned income prior to Stay at Home order
- Renters/Homeowners who do not qualify for unemployment insurance
- $75 for each verifiable household member
- $150 per a couple
- $225 for a family of three, etc.
Fountain and Warren County residents can apply online below.
For additional information, please contact Diana DeSutter at 765-793-4881, ext. 115, or via email at email@example.com.
Remember we are all in this together. No one is immune to this pandemic. We can take what was meant to harm us and make our community a better, stronger and more hopeful community by living united.