WorkOne Youth Services
WorkOne Youth programs serve youth ages 17 through 21. The goal of the WorkOne Youth Program is to assist eligible youth with placement in employment or post-secondary education, attainment of degrees and certifications as well as assistance with obtaining basic skills that may be deficient. Services can be assessed at the Lafayette WorkOne office or through any of our express site offices.
- Choice Determines Destiny scholarship program which is a college preparation program for eligible high school seniors that prepares students for college and provides them with the opportunity to earn a $1,000 scholarship.
- Services to out-of-school youth which includes "Learn and Earn" a program that combines classroom preparation for GED testing with paid work experience opportunities.
- Jobs for America's Graduates (JAG) program is in it's third year at Jefferson High School in Lafayette, IN.
- Computers 4 College classes provide eligible students with skills and knowledge in computer hardware, software installation and troubleshooting. Students who successfully complete the class obtain a laptop computer for college.
Hire Pathways is an education and training program for young adults offered by WorkOne. The program offers young adults, ages 17 to 21, assistance with:
- Attaining a GED or High School Diploma
- Transition assistance to post-secondary education
- Occupational skill training
- Work readiness training
- Job placement assistance
For more information visit Hire Pathways
Additional programs offered as funding is made available include: Young Hoosier Conservation Corp and Jobs 4 Summer
Click here to access the WorkOne West Central Youth page.
Contact the Lafayette Center at (765) 474-5411 for more information.